Can I Join?
- Are you a High School Student?
- Do you live in Hillsborough County, Florida?
- Can you commit to a minimum of two hours each week?
If you answered yes to all three, be sure to fill out the form so we can contact you regarding an orientation date! Check our calendar to see which classes are near you.
What is it?
Teen Tech is a free program currently offered to Hillsborough County students, between the ages of 14 and 18. Students attend Computer Mentors one night per week for two hours and engage in technology training and mentoring in a self-paced environment. Some students may stay for six months, while others remain with us all four years of High School to get the most out of the program. Students’ development is supported with proven curriculum and experienced mentors passionate about technology and community empowerment. The more the students accomplish, the more experience and points they earn. Points can be used for tech tools and toys (including gaming systems, laptops, tablets, and phones.) The experience can be used for life.
When can I start?
Teen Tech is self-paced and open-enrollment. Students may start as soon as their first orientation date!
Are you open in the summer?
Teen Tech runs year-round all over Hillsborough County, Florida. We follow the school district calendar very closely for Holidays. Check our calendar
I’m an I.T. professional. How can I get involved?
There are several ways you can help – the best way is to Volunteer with us!
Volunteers engage with us in the following ways:
- Mentoring a teen for an evening (or more!)
- Speaking to the group about a cool Tech Topic or Life Skill
- Performing mock interviews and soft skills with a teen or group of teens
If volunteering doesn’t fit your schedule, we are always looking for:
- Summer internships for college-bound High School Seniors
- “Field Trip Friday” opportunities to tech companies
- Donations of Windows 10 compatible computers, preferably laptops. We refurbish these (erase everything!) and give the laptops away to teens in our program