The Year-End Numbers Are In!
The year-end numbers are in and our annual report is almost ready, but we can already tell you that we had a FANTASTIC year! Last year we were able to provide services and programs for 778 youth. This includes the numbers from all three of our programs including KidsCode, STEM Corps (now renamed to TEEN-Tech), and the Teen Business Challenge. Of those, KidsCode has emerged as our runaway largest program in terms of number of students. In 2016 we provided the KidsCode program to 560 late elementary and middle school aged youth. This has far exceeded anything like we’ve been able to accomplish in the past. But we also set records in our teen program. Last year 198 high school aged youth enrolled in STEM Corps, a new all-time program record as well.
But we would be remiss if we did not share our secret for success in 2016, which was partnering with other organizations. 2016 was a huge year of community partnerships. Having community partners has allowed us to extend our footprint throughout the greater Hillsborough County area and now, in a few instances, even in to Pinellas County. In 2016 we partnered in a significant way with at least 17 agencies and 22 separate locations. Here is the list, along with any sponsoring agency that was involved to make this a possibility. Thank you to our awesome partners.
- Bethesda Ministries through Children’s Board summer funding
- Allen Temple AME Church
- Upward Kids
- Kids With a Call
- Kings Forest
- Mt. Carmel AME Church
- Brandon Recreation Center
- Centre for Girls
- Girls Inc.of Pinellas
- Hillsborough County Libraries
- C. Blythe Andrews Library (East Tampa)
- Robert Saunders Library (Tampa Heights)
- Seminole Heights Library
- South Shore Regional Library (Ruskin)
- Temple Terrace Library
- The “Hive” at John F. Germany Library (Downtown)
- IT Women of Tampa Bay, Inc
- Learn Tampa Bay – Plant City – Through Children’s Board Summer Funding
- Memorial Middle School – With the After-School All-Stars Program
- Middleton High School FBLA with Mr. Olutayo Akinrefon
- Tampa Bay Heat (Home School Program)
- University Preparatory Academy – St. Petersburg
- West University Charter High School
- Sligh Middle School – East Tampa YMCA
- Sulphur Springs YMCA
Also I would like to mention here that many of our partners are receiving funding from Children’s Board of Hillsborough County, which also happens to currently be our largest sponsor.